With the support of
○ European Union
○ CHDI Foundation, New York, USA
○ Fondazione Telethon Onlus, Italy
○ Fondazione Cariplo, Italy
○ Regione Lombardia, Italy
○ Ministero della Salute, Italia
○ Ministero dell’Istruzione dell’Università e della Ricerca, Italia
○ Associazione Italiana Ricerca sul Cancro (A.I.R.C.), Italia
○ Huntington’s Disease Society of America (H.D.S.A.), New York, USA
○ Hereditary Disease Foundation (H.D.F.), Santa Monica, California, USA
○ Alzheimer’Association, Chicago, USA
We thank the Rigamonty family (Ghirla-Varese, Italy) for their kind permission to use pictures of their watermill, which has worked continuously since 1785.
A special thank you
to all families of the patients suffering from Huntington’s disease for their trust and affection
Outreach & Dissemination Activities
The lab is strongly committed to outreach and dissemination activities, believing that public engagement is an essential part of our academic role. These activities take place in the context of European projects such as EuroStemCell (www.eurostemcell.org), NeuroStemcell and Neurostemcellrepair as well as within the UniStem Centre.
The lab personnel take part in informative activities dedicated to patients and their families. The lab actively and constantly interacts with professionals from other fields of knowledge such as philosophy, bioethics, law, sociology, history of medicine, and anthropology. This is because of the social and cultural implications of our research, as well as the interest of some researchers in the laboratory in widening the perspective of their work through exchange with other disciplines.